Changing Direction

I have just returned from a photography workshop at the Grand Tetons. The workshop was taught by Craig Tanner of Radiant Vista soon to be "The Mindful Eye". Craig is a great teacher that is able to communicate his journey with photography. I say it that way because with Craig you get much more than a how to workshop. You are offered new ways to look at nature and life. If you listen carefully Craig will give you the tools to turn your photography into your art. This is my second workshop with Craig and Radiant Vista. The first was Death Valley in February 2008, which was equally as inspiring as this last one. I learned how to take great images, but was not ready to integrate other aspects of the creative process.

Because of the experience of last week I am changing the direction of this blog and hopefully becoming truer to the title of Svadhyaya (Self Study). In future blogs I will attempt to describe my process of discovery in the hopes that I might help a fellow beginner find their way to discover their passion and creative talent.

Comments

Thomas J Avery said…
Hey Mike! Just discovered your blog from the comment you just left on Craig's LightDiary. Glad to hear that you attended another RV workshop. I bet you guys had a blast.

I like the direction you're taking on your blog. Your two most recent posts are insightful and interesting. I really enjoy reading about the creative process behind people's photos. I'm definitely going to follow your blog.

Looks like the Tetons is a spectacular place. I look forward to seeing more of your photos from the workshop. Take care & keep in touch! -TJ
Marti said…
Hi Mike,

It was great to have you on the Grand Teton workshop. I really enjoyed getting to know you and seeing your work.

Like TJ, I just discovered your blog and will check in from time to time. I like the direction you are taking.

Hoping to see you on a Mindful Eye workshop next year!!

Marti
TJ, We did have a blast, course it wasn't the same without you there!! Thanks for your comments here and other places, I always read when I see "tj". You have helped me a great deal with your insight and outsight, I will try to define outsight in an upcoming blog.

I am following your's as well, Gray Skies over Big Bend" is excellent keep them com'in. Is it possible to leave comments at "TJ's Thoughts"?
Marti,
Thank you for being at the workshop!! I too enjoyed meeting you and appreciate your help and hard work in making the workshop fun and very informative.

Popular posts from this blog

79 - Belief

111 - Effortless

90 - Peace