17.2 - Biscayne Bay Series



















Click to see complete image.
Canon 40D, 70-200mm at 140mm, iso100, 1/250sec at f/4, +CLP

Skies take on an intensity when weather is nearby, this weather was still 200miles away but hurricanes have a very long reach. For my landscape work I'm paying more attention to weather and weather patterns. The houses in the image are part of Biscayne National Park they were privately owned until 1999. The lighthouse at Cape Florida is one of the oldest structures in Florida.

Comments

Thomas J Avery said…
I hope Paloma stays down below hurricane strength and also stays south of you. I can't believe it turned into a cat. 4 before slamming Cuba! Wow! (Cuba has had some bad luck this year, getting raked by Gustav, Ike, and now Paloma - all cat. 3 or 4 at landfall)

I like the look in both scenes so far. They've got a nice, subdued, "calm-before-the-storm" kinda feel to them. I like the colors, weighted towards violet and blue.

What's neat in your 17.1 shot is the clouds right on the horizon. You don't see that effect on land. I remember being fascinated during my trips offshore (for work - oil & gas industry) with that lack of obscuring haze on the horizon. The clouds just went on and on and touched the horizon without fading into a hazy mush. Offshore is a great place to observe the sky, particularly at sunset and sunrise! :-)
TJ, Thanks for commenting, I didn't write it, but what caught my eye was the clouds at the horizon line. I was on my 17ft bay boat and when I saw the clouds I new I had to cross the bay (5 miles) to get some kind of foreground in the image. Thanks again..
Debra Trean said…
great color!! nice work just beautiful...and it looks sooo warm

Popular posts from this blog

79 - Belief

90 - Peace

111 - Effortless