73 - Going Green


Canon 5DmkII, 16-35mm at 16mm, iso200, 1/125 sec at f/9.5, +CPL aboard my Seawind 1000 catamaran named Hooroo at 8.4 kns

To me there is no better way to have fun, go somewhere and take your house with you all the while go'in green than sailing. An activity that you can learn rather easily and spend your whole life mastering. Lately in my part of the world its been on the decline, fewer and fewer sailors seem to be out on the bay. I base this on observation and the fact that the big regattas have one third the entrants they did in the 70's and 80's. Boating in general has not decreased, but power boats have taken up the difference. I find that a shame and another case of "I want it now and I want to get there now".

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. Douglas Adams

Comments

Debra Trean said…
I am not a real water girl as far as boating or river rafting but I do love the sea. I have never sailed and not sure I would like the movement of it or perhaps I would. I love the grace in which I see boats moving. Beauiful...
J. L. T. said…
WOW, Mike, thats amazing!! Wonderful colors for a wonderful hobby. I love sailing! Thanx for this! Sunny greetings
Thomas J Avery said…
Nice, Mike. Very nice. I like the otherwordly look of the dark blue sky and greenish waters.

I'm not much for boats but I do like walking when I can. I wish more people would as well. For example, I like parking in the back of the lot and walking the "extra" distance to the store. It actually takes less time than stalking a spot up close :-)
Thanks all, Off to a workshop in Savannah hoping for some new stuff...
Robert Kruh said…
Wow, beautiful colour tones and great composition! Great work!
Ted said…
Power boating is about the destination, sailing is about the trip.

You've captured the magic around your swaying house.

Popular posts from this blog

79 - Belief

90 - Peace

111 - Effortless